Frequently Asked Questions
- Airport transfers
- Three meals a day while on safari
- 3 liter of drinking water per day
- All accommodations in lodges
- English speaking professional epericenced driver guide
- All National Park entrance and conservation fees
- All government taxes and leeves
- Morning and evening yoga and meditation sessions
- All activites scheduled while on safari. This includeds coffee plantation tour and Lake Eyasi culture tour
- Yoga props (mat, boolster, blanket), if you need any other yoga props feel free to bring them
- A meditation blanket and Yoga Safari Tanzania T-shirt will be your souvenirs to remember your journey with us
What's not included:
- Flights: fly into Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Visas: please check the visa requirements for your country, for most tourists visitning Tanzania are tourist visa is required and available on arrival at the airport for $50 USD ($100 for US citizens)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses (extra drinks, souvenirs, laundry, ect.)
- Some meals (arrival and departure days)
- Tips for driver: on average $15 per person, per day
What to bring:
- Tropical mosquito repellent
- Comfortable and breathable clothes, layers, a sweater or light jacket, days can be hot, nights can be cold
- Camera and supplies
- Swimming outfit
- Hiking boots or sturdy shoes for walking. flip flops for the pool
- Yoga clothes which allow you to move, stretch, bend and flow
Please do not bring your fanciest clothes, safari can get quite dusty and we'd hate to see your favorite outfits get dirty. Laundry will be avilable for an extra charge at Lodge.
Trip Cancellation and Refund Policy:
We understand that your money matters to you and we strive to create a balance between supporting you and running a business. Please make special note of our cancellation policy as no exceptions will be made.
- More than 4 months prior to trip: full refund
- 3-4 months prior to trip : refund minus deposit
- Less than 3 months prior to trip: 50% refund
- Less than 1 month prior to trip: no refund
Tanzania is primarily a cash society, the schilling is the currency used. ATM machines are available in Arusha and you'll have time on your first day to visit one if needed. USD is accepted at most locations throught the safari. We can not guarantee that card payment will be accepted, so please plan accoordinly. Please do not bring travellers checks as they are not accepted.
Pick pocketing takes place here just as often as it does in your home country but with a few safety precautions like taking a taxi after sundown, not wearing expensive jewelry openly and staying aware of your sourrounding you will be fine.
Accomodation and Pricing:
Private tent are avilalable on camping safari for an additional $400 USD.
Fly into Kilimanjaro International Airport, we'll meet you there! You will recognize us by our Yoga Safari Tanzania T-shirt and sign. Don't forget to let us know your airline, flight number and arrival time. Airport transport is included in your fees.
Although it‘s not very risky to travel to Tanzania you should be informed about vaccinations (like Yellow Fever, Hepatitis, Tetanus,...) and if you wish to take Malaria prophylaxis. For more information on that please consult your doctor or a specialist for tropical countries.
While drinking water from hotels and lodges is filtered and safe to drink, avoid tap water. Sticking with bottled water or a water purifying system such as Lifestraw (lifestraw.com) is best.
Weather seasons are divided into dry or rainy. Big rain season is usually in April, small rain season is usually in November, but rain can come anytime on safari. June and July can be quite cold, with at night temperatures around 0°C/32F°. The hottest it gets in Dezember and January.
If not at the coast temperatures can change 10°C/50°F between night and day. Bring a light jacket or pullover for the evenings.
So, you want to yoga, but your travel companion does not:
No worries! All of our yoga and meditation activites are purely optional. If sleeping in past the sun and curling up with an evening book while listen to the roar of lions is more your style, we encourage you to honor that. Join us when you feel up for it, rest when you need it.